About Our Casino Review Team
We are proud to have a fantastic team where each member has extensive knowledge of online gambling. Everyone has been playing online casinos for years and this allows us to quickly spot and highlight the differences between mediocre sites and very good ones – meaning our expert reviews are useful for new and experienced players alike.
You won’t find inconsistencies in how each expert creates a review because we all follow specific guidelines. In addition, all reviews are reviewed by an editor before publication. We want you to receive the most honest review possible, which is why we spend so much time creating our understandable and informative reviews.
- Being Latvian native and thanks to his experience of iGaming industry in Latvia and abroad, Edvards is responsible for finding, reviewing, and presenting the right casino for our readers, providing them with the all necessary information at the same time
- Tomass is responsible for providing all the necessary informational materials a player may need when stepping into and assisting Edvards in content matters
Review Creation Process
We are proud of the fact that everything is transparent, which is why we created this article, where you can find out how we evaluate online casinos. Every online casino goes through an identical evaluation process, which ensures completely fair reviews based on the same criteria. Therefore, you can be absolutely sure that you will receive a complete and honest description of gambling sites.
When creating a casino review, we follow a strict process to ensure that you don’t miss anything you should know. Our expert reviewers create each review using the same process and check reviews regularly to ensure they are always truthful and unbiased. Below you can familiarize yourself with how we evaluate online casinos and how our experts develop a casino review.
Our team of experts evaluates casinos according to specific evaluation criteria. We have listed the most important of them below.
First impressions of a website are very important and often we can tell whether a website is good or not within the first few seconds. These first impressions will give our experts an understanding of how user-friendly the site is, and they’ll also see how aesthetically pleasing it is – seemingly small things, but they can really make a difference to your gaming experience.
The way we evaluate an online casino starts with registration. Doing so gives us access to the entire site and allows us to understand how it works. We inform you how easy the registration process is and whether the site gives new player bonuses or not. Also, we deposit money so you can quickly check what payment methods are available and how quickly the money is deposited.
When we deposit money, we don’t cash out, we use it to play different games, testing each one to see how good it is. We then provide feedback on the quality of the games, as well as inform you about the range of games. We also collect information about various software developers, as well as how much you can win when playing games, especially progressive jackpot slots. As you can imagine, this is one of the most important things in how we evaluate online casinos, and we spend a lot of time gathering information.
The impressive game sections includes the following criteria:
- Wide selection of games. When it comes to casino games, the key is a wide selection. We are always looking for a good combination of slot machines, table games (blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker), live dealer games, and bingo/keno games. Also, we like to see a wide range of variations of each game listed. Since we don’t want to recommend something we haven’t tried ourselves, our team tests a number of games, even with real money.
- Impressive progressive jackpots. Progressive jackpots are very important for serious slot machine fans. These exciting games often offer the biggest payouts of any online casino game and are available in every great online casino. We always check to see if the games on offer include any of the best Jackpot games – “Mega Moolah”, “Mega Fortune” and “Age of Gods”, and of course we like to see a significant overall jackpot amount when evaluating any casino site.
- Free games. According to our criteria, the opportunity to play for free is always highly valued. Free games give the opportunity to test new games, try out strategies and just enjoy the fun without added risk. We always try different free games to make sure the quality of the casino.
- Game software from TOP developers. Casinos differ in the software they use, and the best sites offer games from such well-known developers as NetEnt, Playtech, and Microgaming. The best software developers are famous for their great graphics, high-quality sound, and great animations.
- High quality, downloadable software. Since some players like to download the casino software to their devices, we’re testing it as well. This way, we can be absolutely sure that the software is easy to install, not dangerous to the device, and provides as good an experience as the online version of the casino.
- Good online experience without software downloads. For those who prefer to play directly on the casino site, high-quality, non-downloadable software and a quick and easy registration process are important. We make sure that the interface of the site is clear, the navigation is simple, and that everything works well.
Bonuses and special offers
When creating a review, we evaluate various bonuses and special offers. We check the new player bonus when signing up, as well as what other bonuses are available and if there are any loyalty programs. Of course, bonuses and special offers change over time, which is why we regularly check our reviews to make sure the bonuses they mention are up to date. You can find more information about the bonuses available at a particular online casino in our article on casino bonuses.
- New player bonus. An impressive new player bonus is what we expect from leading online casino sites. We search for the most generous casino bonuses online and always recommend checking the bonus offer when registering. New player bonuses are often deposit bonuses, free spins, a refund, or a no deposit offer – a good bonus makes a great difference to any game.
- Reasonable terms and conditions. For the bonus to be really beneficial, it is important that the terms and conditions are not too complicated. We always read the rules in small print and point out the potential difficulties involved in receiving the bonus.
- Offers for everyone. Special offers should not only be available to new players. We regularly monitor how often each casino offers new bonuses and gifts to its regular players.
- VIP & loyalty rewards. In addition to special offers, the best casino sites offer well-structured loyalty programs. This allows you to earn extra benefits from each bet you make. VIP offers can also be awarded to high-stakes players who play with a lot of money in the casino. We examine what is offered in the casino loyalty program and evaluate whether the rewards offered are really worth it.
Of all the aspects in every review, safety is probably the most important. We have built a good reputation in the world of online gambling and we would never risk it by recommending a casino where you cannot feel safe. That’s why we check everything, both the regulatory body and the fairness of the games, to make player is always safe. If we believe that the site is not safe, we inform you about it and recommend not to play on it.
To make sure that casinos offer a safe, fair, and legitimate service, we check the following:
- License. It is important for the casino to display on its website information about the license obtained from a legitimate authority. Examples of such bodies are the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, etc.
- The casino is regulated. Casinos must display on their website proof that it is regulated by a reputable, independent body, such as eCOGRA. If we can’t find such information, we’ll instead test to see if the games are fair. We play games offered in casino sites thousands of times to make sure the results are determined randomly, as well as what random number generators are used.
- Appropriate SSL encryption. In terms of security, we always look for the appropriate SSL encryption certificate on the casino website during the evaluation process. Encryption ensures that any data exchanged between the casino player and the casino site is secure and cannot be intercepted or stolen.
We contact the casino through all available communication channels to see how well the site responds to questions and handles complaints. We don’t tell the site we’re doing a review so the team thinks we’re regular visitors and can give an honest review of how good the customer service is.
Fast and Good Solutions
Mobile site availability
Because a large number of players choose to play on mobile devices, instead of playing on a computer, it is important that the casino is adapted to both. We visit every casino site via Android, iPhone, and tablets, focusing on the following:
- Optimization for a smaller screen. We test the quality of the online casino site on multiple smartphones and tablets using a variety of browsers. We evaluate whether the site works well and offers as good an experience as the PC version, with an equal range of games on offer. Also, we’re looking at additional bonuses and special offers only available to players using the mobile versions.
- Proper apps. The best casinos should also be able to offer downloadable apps on mobile phones. We test every aspect of them as hard as we test the casino’s main site, paying particular attention to speed, layout, and game selection.
Casinos are a global industry and by playing online you have access to a huge number of casino sites from different countries. We love to see that casinos are tailored to the needs of different players around the world to allow each of them to enjoy a unique online gaming experience.
- Location. For a better player experience, it is important that the casino is adapted to players in different locations and can offer the needed language and currency. To get a fair impression of how each casino can do this, we’ve expanded our team to cover several countries and languages.
Lastly, when evaluating an online casino, we withdraw money to find out how quickly the payment is processed, as well as what the payout options are. We also check if the site is charging a commission.
- Easy deposit process. Part of our casino evaluation process is how easy it is to register and make a deposit. What we evaluate includes the number of possible payment methods, the currencies that are accepted, and whether there are minimum/maximum limits.
- Security of your funds. When looking at a casino site we want to see that all payments are processed securely. There must be encryption of personal data and the casino certainly does not need to provide unnecessary details. In addition, to ensure that the casino is always able to withdraw funds when requested, we check that the casino separates customer deposits from the funds used for casino operations.
- Fast payouts. When we’re ready to receive your winnings, we request a withdrawal and double-check the availability of a wide variety of payment options and currencies. We are also very interested in how fast we receive the funds.
- Fast processing. In addition to fast payouts, we want to know that the casinos themselves do not process winnings for a long period of time. When requesting a payout, we want to make sure that the casino keeps a word on the length of processing time.
- Fair RTP. To make sure that the casino also offers its players an acceptable cost rating, we make sure that the average RTP is high, and we also check the RTP for individual games. Good casinos have no problem displaying this information on their site.
How Do We Evaluate the Various Aspects of an Online Casino?
When it comes to our reviews, some aspects of the site are definitely more important than others. For example, website security is definitely more important than how the website looks. For this reason, some aspects are more important when evaluating the site as a whole. When conducting a review, the three main aspects that we pay the most attention to are – security, bonuses, and the range of games.
We arrive at the overall ranking of a website after a long process and it involves many factors. Many people are involved, including the creator and editor of the review. Due to our careful approach to how we rate online casinos, you can rest assured that a highly rated site is indeed a good place to play, and that a low rated site should be avoided.
We Always Make Sure That the Information We Publish is Up-To-Date
Just like other internet sites, online casinos are always evolving as new features are introduced for players to enjoy. Some casino review sites never review their reviews, which means reviews can become outdated and inappropriate. We regularly review the reviews we publish to make sure they only include the most up-to-date information.
Therefore, if the bonus changes, we will let you know, and if a new game is added, you will be one of the first to know. We will look for even the smallest changes, such as adjustments to the bonus rules, as this has a big impact on how good the site is. Once we’ve published a review, you can be sure it’s up-to-date and up-to-date, no matter when you read it.
Since our reviews are updated regularly, it’s best to re-read them from time to time. Pay special attention to the reviews of the casinos you are a member of, just to see if they are still the best sites, and to make sure there are no major changes that could affect you. This practice is defined in the editorial principles of Casino-latvija.com.
Find the right online casino for you today!
Now you know how we evaluate online casinos and create our casino reviews, and you definitely have a better understanding of why we consider some sites great and others not. Therefore, all you have to do is open our review section and read the casino reviews. Once you have chosen the casino that suits you best, you can start playing on the chosen site in just a few minutes.
Of course, many of the above sections overlap, which is why when we finish our online casino review, we take another look at the entire website as a whole. Then we can give the website an average rating, taking into account the ratings it received for different sections, as well as other factors we consider important. Then we publish a review, and then you can find out exactly what we think about the particular casino.
What is the casino rating process?
The casino evaluation process includes many criteria. You can find out more in the casino reviews.
Who rates the casino?
The casino is rated by experts in the field or former players. Therefore, casino reviews are objective.
What affects the casino rating?
The rating of a casino is influenced by many factors, such as the presence of a license. As well as the speed of payout.
Was this page helpful?
This page hasnt been rated yet - help others by sharing your opinion