|Type of Blackjack||Description|
|📍 Classic Blackjack||The most common type of Blackjack.|
|📍 European Blackjack||Similar to classic Blackjack, but played with two decks of cards.|
|📍 American Blackjack||Casino or dealer has a greater advantage.|
|📍 Spanish 21||The game uses 6-8 decks of cards, without tens.|
|📍 Super Fun 21||Queen’s face cards and Queen’s ace are worth twice as much.|
List of the Best Blackjack Casinos
Blackjack in Numbers
- 0.5% and 1%
- European Blackjack
How To Play Blackjack Online?
Blackjack is a classic casino game that has long been enjoyed in physical casinos, but with its move to the online platform, it has quickly become one of the most popular casino games. Even though this card game can take some getting used to, there are plenty of resources out there so you can easily master everything from the basic rules to different strategies. Every step is easy when you know how, from registering an account and getting started to placing real money bets. So whether your goal is to win big or simply just have fun playing online blackjack, it's time to get gaming and enjoy!
Choose a Blackjack type.
Once you have decided to play Blackjack, the first step is to choose a table with betting limits that match your budget. When logged in to an online casino, look out for the variety of Blackjack games available and select one suitable for you.
Make a bet.
Afterward, placing your bet is as straightforward as clicking on the chips at the bottom of the screen and then the table's betting area. This way, you are ready to start playing and soon be able to enjoy all the fun and excitement of a real game of Blackjack.
Wait for dealer to deal cards.
After all players have placed their bets, it's time for the dealer to deal. Each player will be dealt two cards, with one card facing up and another facing down for the dealer.
Make your decision.
After getting a look at your hand, you'll need to make a decision quickly - should you ask for an extra card or keep the ones dealt? Will you double your bet or split it? These are all choices that can drastically effect your winnings or losses in any given round of cards. Make sure to weigh all your options before making any final decisions!
Wait for the dealer to make his turn.
As all players have made their decisions, the dealer now has a turn to proceed. Depending on the type of Blackjack, a Dealer is expected to assess when the total of 17 is achieved and decide whether additional cards are needed or the ones in play must be replaced with something else. It is important for an accurate decision-making process as to ultimately winning or losing a round. Accordingly, utmost care must be taken into account when coming up with choices by both sides.
Blackjack Rules for Beginners
Although it is emphasized that the game of blackjack does not require knowledge of mathematics, at the same time, keep in mind that it is almost impossible to win the game of blackjack by chance. The gameplay requires special knowledge, skills, and player input. It may be considered one of the easiest card games, but you should definitely not rely on luck alone.
The purpose of the game
Blackjack is played against the dealer. In the basic rules of blackjack, the task is to collect a combination of cards that add up to 21. Any player with a total of more than 21 is out of the game. In order to beat the dealer, it is not necessary to create a combination that makes 21 – you can also collect a lower number of points if the dealer has a lower number.
Cards such as Rook, Queen, and King are worth 10 points. An ace can be worth either 1 or 11 points, depending on which value is more beneficial to the player at that moment. The value of the remaining cards is equal to their numerical value, for example, three of spades will give you 3 points and 3 such cards will give you 9 points. Card suits do not affect their value in any way.
Moves in Blackjack
Like any game, blackjack also has its own rules that players follow during the game:
- “Hit” – this move means that the player wants to take another card. You can take as many cards as you need to make a 21-point combination;
- “Stand” – with this word you inform the dealer that additional cards are not needed and you will continue the game with the cards that are in your hands;
- “Double down” – with this move, the blackjack player doubles the original bet and can receive only one additional card. This move is very risky because if a card of very low value is received, it is impossible to add another card.
- “Split” – if you receive two identical cards the first time, you have the option to split them into two hands. To do this, you need to double the original bet. You will receive additional cards from the dealer for each hand. There are versions of blackjack where players are prohibited from splitting cards.
- “Surrender” – after the first cards in the hand have been played, you can decide not to continue the game and take half of the bet. Unfortunately, not all versions of blackjack offer the player to complete the game.
Have you ever wanted to try your luck at the casino? Have you been dreaming of the perfect combination? While there are no guarantees, with a little advice and practice, you can become a winner… if you play your cards right and follow the rules of blackjack.
- Learn the basics of the game! Before you start playing this game, you need to know the basics. Explore our entire site to learn about the different aspects of the blackjack.
- Always double if your first two cards total 11 and always split aces and eights…remember you are betting on 10.
- Be sure to sign up for any rewards program offered by the casino. Casinos award points for how long you play and how much money you spend, but not for how much you win, so if you don’t claim prizes, you’re literally leaving money on the table.
- Learn to get up and walk away early: This is important, especially if you are in the beginning or middle of a losing streak. By continuing, there is a chance of losing more than you probably should. Quitting also works if you’re ahead – at least you’ll be able to keep your winnings and not lose it all later.
- If the dealer’s top card is an ace, you will be offered blackjack insurance. Accept this and you won’t lose your bet if the dealer turns out to have an “eye” (when he hits 21 with two cards).
- While side bets are always fun in casino table games, they are not a step forward. This is also the case with blackjack, which is why any basic strategy for this game recommends not side-betting squares like Perfect Pairs or 21+3.
Basic Blackjack Strategies
Despite the obvious strategic element, the game of blackjack mainly depends on the luck factor. However, if you really want to win at blackjack, then we encourage you to use the following best blackjack strategies listed below. Follow these blackjack rules and win!
- Go with a hard 16, but never with an 8 pair against the dealer’s 9, 10, or ace.
- Fold with a hard 15 against the dealer’s 10.
- Split your Aces and 8s.
- Do not split 5 and 10.
- Split 2 and 3 against the dealer’s 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- Split a 6 against the dealer’s 3, 4, 5 or 6.
- Split a 7 against the dealer’s 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.
- Split the 9 against the dealer’s 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 8, 9, but not against the 7.
There are some minor adjustments to this blackjack betting strategy. If doubling after the split is allowed, you’ll consider some other moves, such as:
- Split 2 and 3 against the dealer’s 2 and 3.
- Split the 6 to the dealer’s 2.
- Split 4 to the dealer’s 2.
- Double down if you have a hard 9 against the dealer’s 3, 4, 5 or 6.
- Double down if you have a hard 10, except against the dealer’s 10 or an ace.
- Double down if you have a hard 11, except against the dealer’s ace.
- Double down if you have a soft 13 or 14 against the dealer’s 5 or 6.
- Double down if you have a soft 15 or 16 against the dealer’s 4 or 6.
- Double down if you have a soft 17 to 18 against the dealer’s 3 or 6.
Take another card or no cards
- Take another card if you have a hard 11 or less.
- Don’t take another card against the dealer’s 4, 5 or 6, but otherwise, take.
- Don’t take another card against the dealer’s 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6, but otherwise take.
- Don’t take another card if you have a hard 17 or higher.
- Don’t take another card if you have a soft 18, but take the dealer’s 9, 10 and ace.
- Do not take another card if you have a soft 19 or higher.
Types of Blackjack
There are several types of blackjack that are offered at both land-based and online casino sites. Read on and learn about some of the most popular types of online blackjack.
Spanish 21 is a version of online blackjack with a bigger casino advantage, with multiple game options, additional bonus prizes, and potential big wins. This version follows the same basic rules as the standard blackjack game. But with so many new choices and options, it’s best to learn as much as you can about this version before playing.
In this version, all four tens are removed from the suit before the cards are shuffled. This means that instead of 52 cards, only 48 remain and that there are 12 ten-value cards in the suit instead of 16 cards. This reduces the chances of getting tens and tilts the game in favor of the casino. However, this is compensated by offering more bonus prizes with potentially bigger wins.
Pontoon is the British equivalent of the American game of blackjack. It has many features in common with its American cousin, but there are some nuances that make the game a little more interesting and strategic. The biggest difference in this version is that players can first look at one card before placing their bets and can increase their bets during the game.
Bonus online blackjack is played exactly like standard blackjack, but with an added stake that gives the player the chance to earn money. Since this version of the game is played with only two cards, it is one of the most popular variants of blackjack among card counters and professional players.
When discussing the classic blackjack game types, it is impossible to leave out European blackjack. In fact, Europe is the continent where this unique card game was born.
European blackjack is a variant of the classic blackjack game. It follows similar rules, but the card play is different. Modern European blackjack is played with 8 decks and shuffled after each round.
In the American version, the dealer receives two cards, one of which is face up. If the face-up card is an ace, the dealer looks at his face-down card. If it’s a ten or face card that forms an “eye”, it’s game over and all players lose.
How to Choose a Blackjack Casino?
It is very important to choose the best blackjack casino that suits your preferences. One that provides special features, making your gambling experience enjoyable and profitable. Below we have listed the most important aspects to consider when choosing an online blackjack casino site:
If an online blackjack casino does not offer services to players in your country, this may be an obstacle to future cooperation. Your country may have restrictions on the website you want to visit. Most casinos will not attempt to verify your country of residence. Thus, you can register and top up your account at these casinos. However, when the day comes when you want to withdraw your winnings, the casino will require you to verify your identity and address. And when they discover that you have been playing from one of the restricted countries. Access to your funds may become impossible and your account may be terminated.
Available payment methods
Most (if not all) online blackjack casinos accept debit/credit cards as a form of payment. However, there are users who prefer to use other payment methods. The more variety, the better. Also, keep in mind that each payment method has its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, there are blackjack casinos that offer special bonuses if you use a certain payment method.
It is important that you choose blackjack casino sites that have a good reputation. To check the reputation of a casino, consider the following factors:
- Licenses received;
- What year was the blackjack casino site created;
- The number of complaints about blackjack casinos from real users online;
- Does the blackjack casino resolve these complaints quickly and to an acceptable level.
What benefits do loyal players get?
As the gambling industry is very competitive, blackjack casinos must offer unique promotions and VIP packages to attract and retain players. But be careful, because sometimes it’s easy to think that these offers are a great deal. Unfortunately, these “gifts” usually come with many limitations. Therefore, it is best to focus on blackjack casinos that offer promotions that do not come with many restrictions.
The quality and professionalism of the customer service team at casino is essential. If you run into problems, you need a high-quality customer service team to help you. Otherwise, you will quickly feel burdened while playing. Top online blackjack casinos know this, which is why they provide an appropriate standard of customer service. In short, their support team is available seven days a week and effectively resolves all customer complaints.
Best Blackjack Developers
Online blackjack software allows players to have a fun gaming experience and practice their skills at the same time. With so many different alternatives in the increasingly competitive iGaming industry – game titles, features, bonuses, and payment methods – player satisfaction is almost guaranteed.
Evolution Live Blackjack is the fastest, most sophisticated, and richest online blackjack game. Everything is perfectly optimized to provide the best possible gaming experience on PC, tablet,s and smartphones, as well as at the widest range of in-person tables and special tables created exclusively for any operator.
The world’s largest gaming software provider. Playtech holds several gaming licenses, including those from the UK Gambling Commission, the Isle of Man Licensing Authority, and the Philippines Entertainment and Gaming Corporation. Gaming Laboratories International, one of the most respected gambling software audit agencies, frequently tests Playtech Blackjack Online Games (GLI).
Betsoft is a European gambling software company known for its high-end 3D video slots. Betsoft has gambling licenses in Malta and Curacao and its games are audited by NMi gaming, one of the world’s most recognized independent gambling auditing companies. This software provider offers many variations of blackjack games that can be found in some of the best online casinos.
Real Time Gaming
RealTime gaming is well known as the provider of the most user-friendly gaming software in the United States. If you are playing blackjack from the United States, you are most likely playing at an online blackjack casino supported by RealTime Gaming. The software developer is licensed in both Costa Rica and Curaçao. The games it supplies are tested by an international independent auditing company called Technical Systems Testing. RealTime Gaming offers a good selection of online blackjack games.
Evolution Gaming is a company founded in 2006 that has become one of the leaders in the industry, offering a live casino game platform and popular slot machines. Thanks to various innovations, Evolution Gaming is able to offer high quality games. You will find the games of this game developer in all the most popular Latvian online casinos.Evolution Gaming casinos
Evolution Gaming is supported by 29 Casinos
Playtech is a prominent name in the world of online gaming and software development. Playtech is known for its diverse portfolio of casino games, sports betting software and innovative products that enhance the gaming experience. Playtech has a very good reputation, which makes it a reliable partner for many online casinos and betting platforms.Playtech casinos
Playtech is supported by 8 Casinos
The article was created using several reliable and high-quality sources of information. This article uses the following sources of information:
The article complies with the editorial principles of Casino-latvija.com. In case of inaccuracies and uncertainties, please contact the editorial office using the following contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to count cards when playing blackjack online?
Card counting is not possible in virtual or “player vs. computer” blackjack. The deck is “shuffled” by a random number generator.
Can blackjack be played on a smartphone?
Yes, you can play blackjack on your smartphone by downloading the app on it. For example, the Blackjack 21 app works on both Android and iOS.
What is the fastest way to learn to play blackjack?
Playing it. You can play blackjack online for free, so it’s the fastest way to learn.
How many card slots are used?
It depends on the casino and sometimes varies from table to table. On average, online casinos use six suits of cards in blackjack.
Do all casinos offer blackjack?
Yes, virtually all online casinos offer blackjack to their players.
Can blackjack be played for free?
Yes, you can play free bet blackjack. Its objective is the same as any other blackjack game: get a higher score than the dealer, up to 21. The dealer will allow players to split hands as well as double their bet once per hand… for free!
Can I just watch an online blackjack game?
Usually, this is not possible because the number of seats at the table is limited and it is reserved for players.
Was this page helpful?
This page hasnt been rated yet - help others by sharing your opinion